flickr is a popular source of images for publishers due to its abundance of high quality photos, creative commons (cc) licensing and clear website interface.
IDstream maintains its own library of 4,000+ tagged images on flickr (username adstream), available for use in IDstream projects. Or indeed for other non-commercial and non-derivative use, with attribution – – as in the examples below.
> "The World's Best Photos by adstream" - courtesy of the "Flickr Hive Mind" - best illustrates the diversity of the landscape.
> Most of the collection focuses on the nature of North Holland.
> Looking for a specific image? Search adstream's tags!
In particular, a blog article is always more attractive and persuasive if it comes with a relevant picture…
… for Marketing
- The Paradiso, Amsterdam sets the stage for (the well worth reading) 10 Reasons Why Organizations (And Individuals) With Audiences Win (thefuturebuzz).
… for Environmental campaigns
- A silhouetted fishing trawler serves to highlight the problems of unsustainable fishing (21stcenturychallenges / neweconomics / onthecommons) as well as attempts at solutions (mo.be / smithsonianmag).
… for Travel news
- Rijksmuseum Amsterdam (excite)
- Bees on a plane (latedeparture)
- Istanbul gets rapid bus transit (thecityfix)
… for Local news
- Not in my back yard (rtvnh)
- California’s energy industries facing heat over water shortages (smartplanet)
- Turkey Plans to Introduce Emissions-Based Tax on Motor Vehicles (greenprophet)
- Livestock feeding review reveals opportunity for better industry practice (sciencewa.net.au)
… for Global news
- FCC Position May Spell the End of Unlimited Internet (wired).
- Organic Meats May Have Higher Parasite Risk (onegreenplanet)
… for the World of high finance
- What’s the Future of the Climate Investment Funds? (WRI)
… for Deep thinkings
- Identity and Stillness (deepthinkings)