Hosting companies can, at first sight, seem to offer pretty much the same deal and it's tempting to be led by price. But paying too little can turn out to be a big mistake.
For one thing, web hosting is not an expensive part of one's web operation – yet it is crucial in terms of quality of experience for both visitor and site owner. Your site security is critical, too. So it doesn't make sense to cut corners or pay insufficient attention to the details.
IDstream's principal hosting partner, Byte, based in Amsterdam, knows the business like few others and keep their customers well-informed. For example, they were recently able to take on the challenge of hosting the Dutch WikiLeaks mirror after the previous provider realized they weren't up to it.
For the technically-minded, key benefits:
- Load-balanced clustered servers – good, smooth access for visitors
- Daily automated back-ups – and back up to 30 days
- Database replication to separate back-up servers
- 24/7 live maintenance; no downtime
- Carefully managed platform upgrades (php, MySQL)
- Fast and intelligent email support
As a partner, IDstream is your principal contact and can set up your account for you. You get access to a user-friendly control panel where you can change email settings etc. You may never have to contact the people at Byte yourself but if you do can be assured of the highest standard of service.